Ok so I went to the Villa at Aloha Tower. First let me start by saying this may sound a little bias since my brother, dj doggfather, is one of the DJ's there. First of all lets just say its a little hard to find the entrance. Its not really marked but that a minor point. The place itself is HUGE!! Its like one big dance floor. The bars are big and lit up with a cool neon light theme. The art on the wall is a little random and really doesn't make much sense, but oh well Im not there to look at art, although the decor could use some work, it really doesn't say "villa" to me, it just says cool warehouse. The music, of course, was Awesome and the staff was pretty much ok. It doesn't seem like they have found their crowd yet. It was a mixture of all kinds a people, not really what i expected. I thought it would be a younger and trendier type of crowd but it was like any where else in Hawaii. There is no bathroom in the place, which really didn't bother me as much as most people. I thought the hot dog lady in the corner was kind of funny, which reminds me there was this beast of a girl there that was pretty much rude to everyone around her, I guess cause she "knows" people at the club. Anyways the only time she was happy is when she had a hotdog in her hand which I thought was hilarious. Only after she scarfed down her 2nd dog is when she started having a good time. Maybe they should put a troff for big people like her so they will all be happy and have a good time. I know Im not a small person but Im not a dick to everyone in the club just because my brother is a dj. I still pay for my drinks!! This place does have a lot of potential I think the owner just needs to get his act together and decide on what type of place he wants it to be. They shouldn't rely on being the "newest place" on the island, instead work on being "The Place." And going with weekly promotions with and a radio station that only place a certain type of music is only setting this place up to be labeled as a place for 35 and older crowd. Hey Im not putting that crowd down, since I am part of that crowd. Im just saying, If your place is well put together and everything is thought out well then you should be able to in-house promos and bring in a great looking crowd...oh yeah place drop the go go dancing and anything else they just brings in a sausage fest (bikini contest) I think that played out in the late 90's, oh wait maybe thats the crowd their going for......a lot of penis????? Overall if you want to hear some good music and just go with your friends to dance and have a good time, then this place is for you. I can't wait to see what they do to this place, if done right with the right promotions I thinks it could be around a while....till next time.
ps. the 2 dj's (kt and doggfather) are just a few that can really rock a party like a real dj can, all you wanna be walking juke box's should go listen and learn.
Man, I haven't gone dancing with you guys probably since the Rumours days! I miss it :(
ReplyDelete