Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SABRINA'S RESTAURANT

First of all while writing this entry just thinking about Sabrina's is making my nipples hard.  It is just that frickin good.  I would say the only draw back to the place is the slow service.  I really wouldn't go as far as saying they are slow but it does take time for your fresh, and yes I mean fresh, pasta to be made.  Im not talking "fresh" like other places meaning its fresh out the box and straight into the water.  NO, I mean they actually take the time to make the pasta when you order it, and believe me the taste makes up for the long wait.  You really don't realize it takes so long because they have a byob policy since they do not have their liquor license.  This means you can bring any and as much wine as you want and you and your party can just sit and enjoy your great wine and awesome food.  Now when I ordered I actually left it up to the waitress to pick out my appetizer, risotto, and main course.  And let me tell you, she totally hit it out of the park even though the appetizer was a salad but, it was a salad with prosciutto.  I actually caught myself eating more of it than my wife.  Anybody who knows me knows that I rarely eat a salad so this must be some good shit.  Next was the lobster risotto.  The risotto was even better.  So creamy with so many layers of flavor.  The huge pieces of lobster that just melted in your mouth was just so........no words can explain.  This dish really showed what fresh ingredients can do for a dish.  Everything from the lobster to the white wine just complemented each other perfectly.  Then the main dish, pork shops topped with fresh mozzarella, with a white wine butter sauce that i could just bath in.  It was so good I caught myself just closing my eyes and taking in not only the wonderful flavors but the whole experience of the meal.  I mean if you never just sat and enjoyed a meal like that then you really never enjoyed what you were eating. These dishes excited every taste bud on my tongue, it was like I couldn't get enough of it.  It was like the first time you tried shaved ice as a kid and you just kept shoveling it into your mouth and no matter how much the brain freeze hurt you just kept going back for more.  That is how I felt, no matter how full I was I wanted more.  Then to top it off the cream filled pastries we had was just the cherry on top the sundae for me and my wife.  I didn't care that I just put on 9 lbs, it tasted damn good and I would do again and again.  It's not that you should check this place out, it that you NEED to check this place out especially if you love italian food.  Heres a hint, make a reservation and get some good wine cause you'll be there for a while so enjoy it.  Till next time.

sabrinas
3036 waialae ave.
808-739-0220

No comments:

Post a Comment