I have been told to write a blog for the longest time, mostly from my wife. I always have something to say and I think Im ready to share it with other people.
Well, lets start off with my love of music. I listen to everything from country, hip hop, show tunes, opera, and even a little house/techno. It was my parents that let me listen to anything I could get my hands on and because of that I have developed a love of all music. This is why I got into dj'ing. I love spinning music and watching that one person actually feel what I'm playing. I could actually care less about the hundreds of mindless zombies on the dance floor. Its watching that one person really get what Im playing. To watch him or her react to a song, turn to me and point and just nod is soooooo awesome!!! Hey Im not gonna lie and say the packed dance floor isn't cool, its just seeing someone love a song as much as you do is really why alot of us do what we do. Thats were I think a lot of so called "dj's" these days are lacking. They buy a lap top, a hard drive and steal someone elses music and they call them self a "dj". Fuck that shit!!! These are the ding-dong's that come up with a dj name before they can actually spin.
A real dj can rock a party, a real dj can mix with out the help of a computer, a real DJ does it for the love of music and not because it gets you free drinks and a guest list you can fill up with your cheap ass friends that on come so they dont have to pay the cover. I will expand on this on my next blog. Right now its late and I need to calm down so I can sleep. Shot out to all my real dj's out there. You know.....The ones that knew what it was like to dig for records, buy a needle, marking the breaks on your records, and lifting heavy ass crates of records to a gig so you can buy more records........till next time.
'Can't wait to read more! Watch out though, the geek inside you is starting to show :).
ReplyDelete