Is it me or is the music today just lame? It seems like the new artist these days come out with one song and the next thing you know they are on tour and for what? To promote your one song? Are you gonna do 12 different versions of the crappy song? Maybe you should wait until you have a few hits so that way people will want to come and watch a whole show and not sit there waiting for that one song that they know you will play at the end. A good example of this is that group "Far East Movement" with the song "like a G6." The beat kind of reminds me of an old school beat but the lyrics are soooooo shitty. I have nothing against them and I the fact that they're doing something with their music is cool. Its just I think its repetitive nonsense. Another one is that greasy looking trailer park trash girl Ke$ha. What the hell is up with this ditz? "We are who We are" no shit I am who I am who else would I be? She looks so dirty, she should change her name to $tanka.
I remember when music was fun to dance to like "Supersonic." Or had a message like "Fight the power." What happened to bands like The Cure, The Bangles, Public Enemy, and De La Soul or artists like Ice Cube, Slick Rick, and Mos Def? It seemed like the artists of the past really wanted to master their musical skills and thought long term. Now a days they have one hit and the next thing you know their on an episode of Cribs showing off the stupid shit they bought. Maybe its because I used to DJ or maybe because I just truly love music and I mean all kinds of music from hip hop to country to yes, even musicals. I know things change, it just seems the change in music is just not a good one. Oh well, till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment